The cost to ship a car from Florida to California can vary widely depending on several factors, including the type of vehicle, the specific locations, the shipping method (open or enclosed transport), and the shipping company you choose. Thus, considering these aspects, we’ll look at how to find a reputable car shipping company, the average cost (low and high-end), and how to make the final preparations for getting your auto from Florida to California.
Cheap Car Transportation Options from Florida to California
If you’re looking for more affordable car transportation options from Florida to California, choosing open transport (where your auto is exposed to the elements) is generally cheaper than enclosed transport. It’s a more common and budget-friendly option.
Related Post: The Best Car Transport Service from New York to Florida
Finding Auto Transport Company
As you search for an auto transport company, follow these tips for the best service and price.
Researching Different Florida Car Shipping Companies
- Start by researching online specifically for auto transport services. Also, ask around to find out who family and friends have worked with.
- Check online review platforms such as Google, Yelp, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB) to read reviews from previous customers.
- Ensure that the companies you’re considering are properly licensed and insured. Look for their Department of Transportation (DOT) number and verify their credentials with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
- Contact multiple auto shipping companies to request quotes while providing accurate details about your vehicle.
- Communicate with the companies and ask questions about their services.
- Check for hidden fees or extra charges that may not be included in the initial quote.
- Get a written contract.
- Confirm that the company can accommodate your desired pickup and delivery locations.
- Inquire about tracking options that allow you to monitor the progress of your shipment.
- Review the insurance coverage provided by the company.
Schedule your Vehicle Pickup in Florida
Once you’ve found some prospects, you can request a quote online or over the phone. Generally, online forms ask for information like the year, make, and model of your car, the cities of origin and destination, and their zip codes.
Based on mileage and the preferred mode of transportation, this provides an approximate price range. Pick a licensed and bonded auto shipper to complete the car shipping arrangements after receiving a price.
You must also provide your name, address, and contact information. The driver will contact you to set up the precise time for Florida pickup and California drop-off. Most car shipping across the United States takes 5 to 14 days.
Timeline and Estimated Cost
You can expect to pay between $800 to $1,500 for standard open transport. Enclosed transport, which provides more protection for your vehicle, is usually more expensive and can cost between $1,000 to $2,000 or more. The whole process will take about 7 to 10 days. Read out our blog on how much It costs to ship an auto across the country.
Preparing Your Car for Transport – Ship car from Florida to California
Preparation to ship your auto from Florida to California is quite simple. You’ll first need to clean your vehicle and remove any personal belongings. Then, document its condition with photographs, noting any pre-existing damage.
Delivery of Your Auto from Florida to California
Then, as you get closer to the date, you’ll need to maintain open communication with the car shipping company. Stay in touch with them leading up to the scheduled pickup date to address any last-minute questions or concerns.
To sum up, if you need to ship your car from Florida to California, We Car Transport is your go-to team of professionals for California car shipping. We will guarantee a hassle-free transport process and prompt delivery of your vehicle thanks to our knowledge and experience in the field.